|AVEVA creates industrial software that inspires people to shape the future. From water and energy to food and infrastructure, our solutions turn opportunities into business value. We work with our customers and harness the power of our ecosystem to deliver solutions across the asset and operations lifecycles. We use collaborative innovation to empower people and industries, enabling the planet to thrive.
There are 4,500 of our people in more than 40 countries who challenge themselves and each other to create and improve the transformative technology our customers need. With our help, industries across the world can make a positive difference to the lives of people everywhere.
We take pride in our core values and the diversity of our people, valuing the unique experience and expertise that people from different backgrounds bring to our business. At AVEVA, we’re all about Limitless possibilities. Are you?
Senior Application Consultant – Manchester, UK
The Senior Application Consultant role within the AVEVA LFM Support Team is customer focused, supporting with product knowledge (both pre- and post- sales) the worldwide network of AVEVA partner companies, clients, and direct sales resources. This is a diverse role, with the successful candidate contributing to the growth of the business. You will liaise between Sales Channel partners, customers and the LFM Software Development & Marketing teams.
The Senior Application Consultant should use their industry experience to ensure that LFM products are robust and fit-for-purpose. Within the team, the Senior Application Consultant should help guide and develop Application Consultants while ensuring AVEVA LFM can offer high quality training & marketing collateral and support to ease customer adoption of the products.
Reporting into the 3D Data Capture Centre of Excellence/LFM Software in Manchester UK and following a period of induction and training, the applicant would be expected to:
• Have responsibility for managing their own daily activities.
• A responsibility to provide guidance to Application Consultants within the team.
• An ability to make sound judgements and work unsupervised to a high level of competence.
• Demonstrate detailed knowledge of the AVEVA LFM products, workflows & broader engineering/survey processes for which the role is responsible.
• Have a proven ability to perform the various tasks associated with the role.
• Develop trust and respect with technical specialists both within AVEVA, the user community and AVEVA LFM resellers.
• Build positive mutually beneficial relationships with clients at all levels and in all areas of their organisation.
• Link between LFM Support, Product Strategy, Marketing, and the reseller organisations.
• Link between LFM Support and the AVEVA PD Test Teams in Hyderabad India.
• Link between LFM Support and AVEVA PD Teams.
Working with and representing LFM products through the following Support Team activities; these are principally:
• Liaising with resellers and customers
o Pre/post sales customer solution presentations.
o Interacting with and enabling the AVEVA reseller partner companies & colleagues.
o Customer training.
o LFM Software technical demonstrations.
o Software services delivery.
o Collating and reporting customer feedback to the Development Team.
• LFM Software Support
o Maintenance of the Customer Support System.
o Responding to reseller & customer requests.
o LFM product licencing technical support.
• Software Testing
o Informal product test, feedback and ‘user’ workflow focused bootcamps.
o Validation of customer/reseller error reports.
o Production of software documentation.
o Producing training manuals & video guides.
o Documenting and maintaining technical knowledge resources.
o Producing marketing resources.
Skills & Qualifications:
• Qualification in engineering, design or survey.
• 5 years working experience within engineering, design or laser scanning/survey. Ideally within Piping, Structural or BIM disciplines.
• Analytical approach to problem solving.
• Aspirations to work in a customer focussed position.
• The ability to manage and handle multiple commitments simultaneously within a dynamic team.
• Good verbal and written communication skills in English.
• Willingness to travel. This role is varied and can involve direct customer interaction. You will be required to travel throughout the UK & worldwide for approximately 15% or less of your time.
In addition, the following would be beneficial:
• Knowledge and understanding of mechanical engineering/BIM terminology & processes.
• 3D CAD; laser scanning; or survey experience.
AVEVA is an Equal Opportunity Employer and we take pride in the diversity of our employees, valuing the special experience and expertise that people from different backgrounds bring to our business. The ability to develop ground-breaking technologies is one of our key assets and our people make it happen.
Come and join AVEVA to create the transformative technology that enables our customers to engineer a better world.